Friday, January 15, 2010

Oliver + S Bubble Dress

Here's another Oliver + S pattern that I've been itching to try out.
Overall, it was a really easy pattern to follow. Except the placket construction was done differently than I'm accustomed to, and the illustration for the placket was somewhat confusing.

I added some piping between the bodice and the bubble skirt. I used a quilting stitch to outline the sleeves and it puckered the fabric. Note to self: don't use the quilting stitch next time.

I will definitely make some more dresses using this pattern.

2 comments:

  1. hi! got here thru oliver's. this is such a pretty dress. i lvoe the colors and the pattern. i failed on my first attempt to whip a bubble dress for my little one. i repurposed an old shirt to a bubble dress. it did not turn out as i expected but she wore it anyway and loved it. seeing this dress made me want to try sewing a bubble dress again. thanks for the inspiration.

    take care!

    Bette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment.
    Maybe when cutting out the bubble dress you made, the pattern wasn't on the straight of grain of the shirt fabric?
    That has happened to me before.
    Good luck with your next bubble dress project. It sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete