Sunday, December 16, 2012

Bedtime Story

I am slowly trying out all the Oliver + S patterns. I have them all, plus in all sizes with the exception of one or two but I haven't made every single one just yet.

This one is Bedtime Story p.j.'s.  I lengthened the top to make it into a housecoat.


This nubbly fabric is a pretty yellow cotton that's been in my stash for at least five years and it's perfect for a little housecoat.

I had intended to make some blue jammies to match the tie but I've run out of time and my sewing room has to to switched back to a bedroom for the holidays.



This is size 3.  It took all of 1/2 hour to put it together after it was cut out.  Talk about easy and quick which begs the question ... why I didn't make it sooner.

5 comments:

  1. This is really sweet - and very cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very cute!! I love the colors! I've wondered about that pattern because young children wouldn't be able to tie it themselves. You'll have to keep us updated on how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute. It has a bit of oriental charm I think. Have fun over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I have yet to make this pattern and didn't even own it until a few months ago. Glad to hear that it's a quick sew:)

    ReplyDelete