Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sunny Dress

About a month ago, I downloaded a free pattern from the sewing blog Sew Very. It was the bloggers first pattern and she was offering the pdf in 3 sizes for people to try out.

Well, this morning I cut out the pattern and made a Sunny Dress.

It's an a-line sundress with a little frill collar.
The instructions, which are very good, appear on her blog along with photos.  Overall, it was a very easy pattern to make and fun too!  I really enjoyed making it.


I made size 5 and since the chest measurement is an inch wider than required I cut the back elastic less and took in a deeper side seam.


If this fits (and I'm sure it will) I will make more Sunny dresses.
There are no buttons, zippers or anything fiddly.


Go to Sew Very to get the download and try it out too.
On Monday August 11th, she is going to feature some the Sunny dresses other sewing bloggers have made. There'll be lots of good ideas, I'm sure.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this! The back is fab - off to download...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute dress! I have some gray chevron at the house...off to down load the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to making our niece one of these soon!! So glad to hear your "take" on the pattern, as well as see your sweet creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this review! I'm glad you enjoyed sewing up the Sunny Dress using my free pattern. I love how it looks in the chevron fabric! The features that you mentioned will be all week long starting on August 11 and ending on August 17th. I will also be giving away 2 copies of the full version of the pattern that includes sizes 2T-12 and offers top lengths in addition to dress lengths. Plus, the full pattern is already on sale! Here's the link to the tour information and schedule! http://www.sewvery.blogspot.com/2014/08/sewvery-sunny-pattern-tour-giveaway.html Thanks again, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the back. Perfect fabric choice, it looks so summery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so adorable!!! What a lovely summer dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is so cute! I love the back!

    ReplyDelete